There are quite a number of list out there for kids but, not a whole lot specifically for boys (ages 8-12) I know because I have boys in this category and they are hard to buy for! Here are my top 10 suggestions for boys that are too big for Hot Wheels and not quite teenagers without mentioning the obvious big ticket items like the iPad2 or a XBox 360 Kinect.
1. Volcom Mask Hoodie ($65-$70) Nordstrom or Local Surf Shops.
My 9 year old is obsessed with these mask hoodies!
2. Neff Beanies from Tillys $13.99
The must have item for boys.
3. NFL Jersey from NFLShop.com $39 and up
Pick their favorite team & player's number...Go Team!
4. Vinyl Wall Decals from Etsy. Prices start around $16.
You can find skate, surf or snowboard decals. They also offer industry logos like Volcom, Santa Cruz & Vans.
5. Skateboard Accessories ($6.99 at local skate shops) or Amazon.com
Perfect stocking stuffer!
Tail Devils - "Sparks for your skateboard."
6. Skull Candy ear buds Assorted colors & styles.
Great if they own an iPod, tablet or MP3 player.
$19.99 and up
7. Tabletop Foosball $27.99 Target and other large retailers.
My kids have this and they sit on the floor and play when their friends come over. We added felt pads to the bottom and it slides underneath their beds. Love it!
8. 2G Surf, skate or snowboard USB Flash Drive from Staples. $10.99
Another great stocking stuffer! My kids keep borrowing mine to transport school projects so, I was thrilled when I found these!
9. Video Games for their gaming console.
Madden NFL 12 $37.49 at ToysRus
Star Wars III $19.99 ToysRus
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Boxed Set $60 at BN.com
or the recently released Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever $8.37 at BN.com
On another note...this time of year one of the best gifts you can give your whole family is helping someone else in need. Check with your local church, soup kitchen or school official to see if there is a family in need right in your own neighborhood. It doesn't take much to make someones holiday a little brighter!